mailRe: relax in Windows

Posted by Daniel Perez on September 04, 2006 - 03:24:

Edward d'Auvergne wrote: > Here is a patch file which has all the changes I've made to the 1.2 > line of the repository for making relax work under Windows. Don't > worry about the 'docs/latex/infrastruct.tex' file, this was just a few > fixes to the relax manual. > > Edward

Hi Edward,

Thank you and Chris for looking at this window issue.

Windows still resists to relax. I included the changes contained in the patch file, but after that other error messages came out.
I followed the strategy of commenting out lines, but finally I got an ImporError message from Phython.
Following I show you the sequence of error messages along with the lines I commented out each time:

\relax-1.2.6\processes.py", line 24, in ? from popen2 import Popen3 ImportError: cannot import name Popen3

#from popen2 import Popen3

\relax-1.2.6\processes.py", line 36, in ?
    class RelaxPopen3(Popen3):
NameError: name 'Popen3' is not defined

#class RelaxPopen3(Popen3):
#    def __init__(self, cmd, capturestderr=0, bufsize=-1):
#        """Extended Popen3 class."""
#
#        # Run the init function of the Popen3 class.
#        Popen3.__init__(self, cmd, capturestderr, bufsize)

\relax-1.2.6\generic_fns\minimise.py", line 27, in ? from processes import RelaxPopen3 ImportError: cannot import name RelaxPopen3

#from processes import RelaxPopen3

\relax-1.2.6\thread_classes.py from processes import RelaxPopen3 ImportError: cannot import name RelaxPopen3

#from processes import RelaxPopen3

\relax-1.2.6\prompt\interpreter.py", line 26, in ? import readline ImportError: No module named readline

#import readline

\Python24\lib\rlcompleter.py", line 42, in ? import readline ImportError: No module named readline

Well, my excursion went until here. What do you think? Do you have in mind some W. alternative to this "Popen3"?

Thanks again

Daniel