mailRe: analysis of limited data sets

Posted by Alexandar Hansen on October 05, 2006 - 17:56:
I had meant to say more on this but had to run to a meeting.

In addition to ribose residues being helpful, the 13C CSA tensors of the base are highly asymetric and anisotropic.  One of the components of the CSA tensor is perpindicular to the plane of the base (I think, perhaps, 13CO has a similar situation?) so that the CSA part of the relaxation will be sensitive to both orientations and should help to adequately span the 3D environment of anisotropic diffusion tensors.  We have shown this to be true when measuring residual CSAs (RCSAs) as complementary to RDCs (Me, JMR (2006) 179, p323)

Alright, off to another meeting!

Alex