mailRe: Diffusion Tensor - Global correlation time

Posted by Alexandar Hansen on October 05, 2006 - 20:32:
I have a question about the AIC statistic.  Let's say we're optimizing model 2 (S2 and te).  As it searches for a minimum, wouldn't the difference between chi2 and AIC just be AIC = chi2 + 4?  If so, I guess I don't understand the difference between the two in finding the correct model free parameters.

Alex