mailRe: problems reading Xeasy format

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on November 15, 2006 - 03:33:
On 11/15/06, Headey, Stephen <S.J.Headey@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Edward,

I've reversed the order of the nuclei in the Xeasy text file and the noe.py script now works, so thanks for suggesting this temporary fix.

This is one way of fixing the issue. However if you could help out by trying to reproduce the issue you reported (https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-users/2006-11/msg00008.html, Message-id: <59ADAF5CA6A8FC4C889BD4097D912BB1072D3314@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>), it would be much appreciated. That way in the future no one else will ever encounter the issue.

Just one other minor problem. I'm accustomed to naming vector encoded leader sequences of my proteins with negative numbers to distinguish them from the protein proper. The noe.py script (and maybe others) skips these residues. Can this be easily fixed?

relax does handle this. I think I noticed the problem when running the data attached to your report of bug #7676 (https://gna.org/bugs/?7676). The problem was that there was no problem ;) Using the 1.2 and 1.3 lines (the current source code by typing 'svn up' in the base directory), I have NOE plots and data files created by relax with the negatively numbered residues. I think the issue is that the data attached to bug #7676 is different to the data you're currently using. I could be wrong though?