mailRe: problems reading Xeasy format

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on November 15, 2006 - 06:37:
On 11/15/06, Headey, Stephen <S.J.Headey@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Edward,

The problem is with my understanding of Subversion. This just downloads
updates, right? Do I install relax-1.2.9, for example in /usr/local/software
and then go to /usr/local/software/relax-1.2.9 and type the following?

svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/relax/1.2 relax-1.2

Subversion (SVN) or CVS do take a while to get used to. The 'svn co' command will create a directory called 'relax-1.2' where ever you ran the command from. This directory will contain a full working copy of relax. You can then go into that directory and run relax by typing './relax' (assuming you are on a Unix like system). For using the 1.2 line you don't need relax version 1.2.9, this was a copy of the 1.2 line from just before I added the fixes for your bug #7676 report (https://gna.org/bugs/?7676).

As for the 'svn up' command, you need to be in the 'relax-1.2'
directory and this will only update your working copy with any fixes
that have been added to the repository since you checked it out.  This
will be useful if I fix a bug in the XEasy peak intensity reading code
and you would then like that fix.

and then

svn up

Am I best ignoring the 1.3 update at present?

It's probably best to avoid that code, 1.3 is the unstable line.

Please give idiot-proof instructions. Otherwise my insistance that the problem is not fixed may be wrongly interpreted as subversion.

I hope the above description makes more sense than my previous attempts.