mailReduced spectral density mapping

Posted by Sebastien Morin on November 28, 2006 - 21:02:
Hi everyone !

I just started using the jw_mapping.py script to get spectral densities
out of my data.

I have some questions :

1.
Reading about reduced spectral density mapping, I thought one would
extract J(0), J(wN) and J(0.87wH). However, when reading the results
file from the jw_mapping.py script, I see J(0), J(wN) and J(wH)... Is it
the same thing in this case or is relax using another approach than the
one giving J(0.87wH) ?

2.
I would like to know what are the units of spectral densities in the
results file when using jw_mapping.py. I get values ranging from 1e-10
to 1e-13, is it what one would get ?

3.
I would like to know if it is possible to get the spectral densities
using data from more than one field at the same time or must one get
fits from data at each field separately ?

4.
In the results file, when using the script jw_mapping.py, what does
'remap_table' stand for ? With the few tests I made, I always get [0,0,0]...

5.
I would like to propose that fitted values and errors be output
separately from the monte carlo simulations when using the jw_mapping.py
script. This would render analysis easier as the file at which one would
look more closely would be the values and errors one. This file would be
more practical, also, if the values and errors would be on the same
line. This would reduce the amount of gawk, sort, tail, head, etc to use...

Thanks for answering my questions !!

Sébastien  :)