mailRe: scripts

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on January 17, 2007 - 05:42:
I would suggest adding the following line just before the Monte Carlo
simulations:

fix('aic', 'diff', fixed=1)

Optimising the global model (diffusion tensor + all model-free models)
is computationally expensive and hence optimising solely the
model-free models during the Monte Carlo simulations would save you a
lot of time.  The only problem with doing this is that the parameter
errors are slightly underestimated.

Actually I would suggest axing the Monte Carlo simulations and
rerunning the model-free optimisation, model elimination, model
selection, and global optimisation many times.  The diffusion tensor
will change across the iterations.  Once you have obtained convergence
(exactly equal chi-squared values, identical model-free models, and
equal parameter values), then and only then would I recommend running
Monte Carlo simulations.  If you feel adventurous, you could have a
try of the new model-free optimisation protocol embedded in the
'full_analysis.py' sample script.  If you use the new 1.2.10 relax
version, the 'full_analysis.py' script will tell you when convergence
has occurred.

Edward