mailRe: PDB orientation

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on August 30, 2007 - 17:39:
Hi,

The only differences in the analysis should be due to different bond
orientations.  The PDB reference frame doesn't matter - this will only
change the values Euler angles of the diffusion tensor and nothing
else.  So if the same structure exists in two different PDB frames,
then the difference in the optimised Euler angles will be solely due
to the rotation between the two structures.  If you were to change the
PDB frame in any of your files, the final chi-squared value should be
identical to a non-rotated PDB.  The differences you do see are
because the relative XH bond orientations in the different structures
are different.