mailRe: looping the optimization in full_analysis.py

Posted by Gary Thompson on October 25, 2007 - 09:26:

   Hi again

   You're right. This could be quite useful especially for multi-processor
   systems...

   Also, as you say, there could be other levels of queuing (that people more
   familiar with this topic than me could propose)...

   Ciao

   S?b

Selon Douglas Kojetin
Hi
There are other levels of queuing! In the devlopment branches of relax there is a working implimentation ('the multi branch) that will do most of relax's calculations in parallel either using threads or using mpi or another transport. Now the good news is that i see almost ideal theoretical increases in speed for the intrinisically parallelisable calculations. However, even though it is useable it hans't been released yet because I have been sidetracked onto another urgent projects for about the last 6 months. However, I will soon be back on it (the next month or two) and looking for volunteers to try it out ;-)

regards
gary

Dr Gary Thompson
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology,
University of Leeds, Astbury Building,
Leeds, LS2 9JT, West-Yorkshire, UK             Tel. +44-113-3433024
email: garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   Fax  +44-113-2331407