mailRe: Relax_fit.py problem

Posted by Tyler Reddy on October 15, 2008 - 20:48:
I use Sparky frequently but it doesn't support 1D data. I might have to use a
ruler :o

Quoting Edward d'Auvergne <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 7:30 PM, Tyler Reddy <TREDDY@xxxxxx> wrote:
Okay, so I'll basically just need to get the rms noise (NOT S/N) for my T1
and
T2 spectra at various fields. I've been using S/N values for the NOE
calculations so that explains why those errors seemed so large. I'd like to
find a reference for the rms equation which seems to be:

Those would be quite big errors :)

[sqrt(2)]*(baseline noise height)/4

I think:

sigma_h = rmsd(noise),

is sufficient, where sigma_h is the peak height uncertainty and
rmsd(noise) is the RMSD of the base plane noise.  Tom Goddard added
the RMSD calculation to Sparky (http://www.cgl.ucsf.edu/home/sparky/)
- but I've still to thank him for adding that so quickly after I asked
by giving him a citation.  I don't know if other programs can
calculate this RMSD value.

Ignoring the stuff with duplicate spectra, it's actually a rather nice
situation
with only peak height and baseline noise height being the information
required
for the calculation of NOE, R1, R2, and the propagation of their respective
errors. Presumably this would then be enough to begin the model-free
analysis
in relax?

This would save NMR time and it would be sufficient for a model-free
analysis if done carefully.  Remember that the RMSD value in the
random coil region is higher than the empty parts of the spectrum, so
don't forget to get some estimates by measuring in there.