mailImportError: No module named platform, a setup problem?

Posted by Guang-Yao Li on October 15, 2008 - 15:50:

Hi Ed,

My linux computer is running Fedora core 6. The available python is python2.2 together with ccpnmr.

After I uncompressed the precompiled relax-1.3.2.GUN-Linux.i686.tar.bz2, I simply tried relax and got the following message.

Is it a python issue or anything else?

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "relax", line 38, in ?

    import dep_check

  File "/users/ikuradata/gyli/linux/progs/relax-1.3.2/dep_check.py", line 30, in ?

    import platform

ImportError: No module named platform

By the way, are there any successful stories about installing relax on Mac? I am more interested in run it on my macbook than try it under the control of my IT people.

Thank you

Guang-Yao Li, Ph.D.

Toronto Medical Discovery Tower

4th Floor, Room 4-902