mailRe: 'ellipsoid' crash

Posted by Tyler Reddy on November 05, 2008 - 21:50:
I just got the same problem with 'oblate', and that folder was removed. I wonder
if there's a problem with doing this via the NFS mount. Maybe a permissions
thing with directory creation from the python script run on the CPU of another
machine writing results to the mount.

Tyler

Quoting Edward d'Auvergne <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Tyler,

This is an easy one.  Just delete the ellipsoid directory!

The problem is that the full_analysis.py scipt is not very robust.
It's checking for the 'ellipsoid/init' directory to determine which
round of optimisation it is up to.  Maybe it would be an idea to
modify the script to be more robust to handle the directory existing
yet the final results file being missing for any round.  I would guess
that relax was killed during its execution, hence the directory exists
yet the results are missing.  I can't do this at the moment but if you
would like play with some python coding to implement it yourself, the
changes could be incorporated back into relax for the benefit of all.
This may not be simple though, so just deleting the offending
directory will do the trick.