mailRe: Rex value

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on March 10, 2009 - 18:13:
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Pierre-Yves Savard
<Pierre-Yves.Savard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know if the Rex values given in the xml result file of
relax 1.3 are expressed in s-1 or if it is the result of the following
formula: Rex/(2 * π * freq)**2?

The value is in 1/seconds (note this is actually rad/s but the rad is
hidden - hence why you don't call it Hertz).  The field strength is
also noted in the results file, indicating that it is not the
field-strength free value of sigma_ex = Rex/omega**2.

The values I get (~3E-19) seem to come from the scaling equation, but in
the result file, these values are associated with a field strength:

<rex desc="Chemical exchange relaxation (800 MHz)"
ieee_754_byte_array="[197, 23, 28, 207, 173, 151, 0, 60]">
                       1.124351254e-19

Maybe the field strength associated with the values in the result file
are remnants of relax 1,.2, where Rex were given in s-1...

No, I would call that no very much chemical exchange at all.  Model
selection should get rid of this model - unless of course the
equivalent model without Rex failed!