mailRE: Relax and 13C relaxation

Posted by Tiago Pais on August 07, 2009 - 17:20:
Hi,
Thank you for the quick reply.
That is good news. I am measuring dynamics of methyl groups in proteins. I
haven’t worked with relax yet so I'll let you know how it works. I'll
probably be fixing the tensor values that I have obtained with backbone
relaxation and fit the model free models to the 13C relaxation T1,T2, NOE
data sets.
Best regards
TiagoP

-----Original Message-----
From: edward.dauvergne@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:edward.dauvergne@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Edward d'Auvergne
Sent: quinta-feira, 6 de Agosto de 2009 20:18
To: Tiago Pais
Cc: relax-users@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Relax and 13C relaxation

Hi,

Welcome to the relax mailing lists.  Well, to answer your question, it
depends on what this data is.  If you're talking about standard
relaxation (R1, R2, NOE), then yes.  There may be issues if you are
using DNA/RNA, but if so you should probably already know about the
rhombic chemical shift tensor and 90 degree difference between the
major axis of the CS tensor and the dipolar interaction.  For
proteins, you just set the nucleus type in the relax script, and off
you go.  If you are looking at relaxation dispersion, this is work in
progress - so not yet.  If you have cross-correlated relaxation rates,
these are not yet supported but would be relatively easy to add (a few
days worth of work).  I hope this info helps.