mailRe: relax on Mac with fink

Posted by Jack Howarth on February 25, 2010 - 01:47:
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 02:57:23PM +0100, Edward d'Auvergne wrote:
Hi,

It might be worth talking with Jack Howarth (howarth att bromo dott
med dott uc dott edu) as he is the maintainer of the relax fink
packages.  You can see our previous discussions about fink at:

http://www.google.com/search?q=fink&btnG=Google+Search&domains=http%3A%2F%2Fnmr-relax.com&sitesearch=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.gna.org%2Fpublic%2Frelax-users

He modified the sconstruct script for this, but I don't think this was
merged upstream (it's not in the 1.3 line).  Maybe all of these
problems is because one of the other essential components of fink have
been upgraded (numpy, python, etc.) causing a breakage in the relax C
modules and in the Scientific python module.

I you have the time and would like to try to get the 1.3 line test
suite passing 100% and attempt to deposit the newest relax versions
into fink, this would be appreciated.  relax should run without
problems on Mac OS X, and it shouldn't be too hard to modify relax for
100% compatibility.  The only problem for me is that I don't have Mac
hardware.

Edward,
   I think I see this users problem. The stable branch doesn't have the
newer scons 1.2 release moved over from unstable. If he changes the line
in Trees line in /sw/etc/fink.conf to read...

Trees: local/main stable/main stable/crypto unstable/main unstable/crypto

the issue should be fixed with...

fink selfupdate
fink update-all
fink rebuild relax-py26

I'll ping the fink developers to move the newer scons over into stable.
              Jack