mailSV: Palmer model selection

Posted by Carl Diehl on February 25, 2010 - 21:49:
Hi.
Well, the mail server said that it tried sending three times before giving up.

Anyway, sofar I've used relax 1.2.XX both for fitting and
modelfree-selection.
Is there a any major difference in the fitting routines between the 1.2 and
the 1.3 line?

So far I've used a modified full_analysis.py script (in relax 1.2.14) for
analysis which works well and is able to accurately reproduce older
modelfree-fits. I haven't made the transition into 1.3.4, since I would have
to change from runs into pipes.

My basic idea is to rerun the my analysis script, only this time using the
Palmer model-selection instead of AIC, which I've been using sofar.
From an old fit using Modelfree4 and Fast-MF (1field only), I know that
there are only small differences in S2 compared to the 2field-data fitted
using relax.
I can easily redo my 2field fits using Modelfree4 and Fast-MF, although I
would prefer to use relax. Time-wise, the full_analysis scripts seems to be
much faster than the Fast-MF way.

I'll take a look at the repository and try to see if I can get it to work.

Regards,
Carl Diehl