mailRe: Example files for relax

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on October 20, 2010 - 15:26:
Dear Stefan,

Welcome to the relax mailing lists.  There are a few ways that you can
see this.  I'm assuming you would like to perform a model-free
analysis.  The first is to use the full_analysis.py sample script (or
noe.py or relax_fit.py for the relaxation rates).  These scripts are
by themselves very self explanatory.  There is no full data set for
testing, as a full model-free analysis using the high precision and
accuracy of relax, together with the new protocol for simultaneously
finding the diffusion tensor and internal dynamics (see
http://www.nmr-relax.com/refs.html), can take up to 2 weeks.  However
there is a very minimal test set within the relax test suite, though
it is not functional yet.  One test - which took 2 weeks when I ran it
- is to take the OMP data from:

Gitti RK, Wright NT, Margolis JW, Varney KM, Weber DJ, Margolis FL
(2005) Backbone dynamics of the olfactory marker protein as studied by
15N NMR relaxation measurements. Biochemistry 44(28):9673–9679

and then perform model-free analysis using full_analysis.py and
compare the final results to:

d'Auvergne, E. J. and Gooley, P. R. (2008). Optimisation of NMR
dynamic models II. A new methodology for the dual optimisation of the
model-free parameters and the Brownian rotational diffusion tensor. J.
Biomol. NMR, 40(2), 121-133.
(http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10858-007-9213-3)

The OMP relaxation data has been attached to the task
https://gna.org/task/?6847, downloadable from
https://gna.org/task/download.php?file_id=7601.  I hope this helps.
The relax manual explains this a little, but is not very comprehensive
in this area.