mailRe: Relax GUI

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on June 15, 2011 - 17:27:
Hi,

Not a problem.  Unfortunately the relax version in fink is quite old.
That version is 1.3.4
(http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/browse.php?name=relax).  You will
therefore have to use the source code releases
(http://www.nmr-relax.com/download.html#Source_code_release).  These
will require a bit more work.  Unfortunately the person who was
volunteering to keep relax up to date in fink, Jack Howarth, has been
busy or has moved on to other things.  I don't have a Mac myself, so
sadly I cannot look after the distribution of relax on Macs.

For the source distribution, if you would like to have access to the
R1 and R2 curve-fitting, then the C modules will need to be compiled.
How to do that is described on the download page at
http://nmr-relax.com.  Note that there has recently been a bug found
on Mac OS X in the GUI (http://gna.org/bugs/?18197, or see the thread
starting at https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-devel/2011-06/msg00113.html).
 I fixed this bug just this week, but no new version of relax has been
released since then.  Therefore I would recommend, at least for now,
that you go for the cutting edge code straight from the relax
repositories.  How to do that is described on the download page at
http://www.nmr-relax.com/download.html#Source_code_repository.  I hope
this helps.