mailRe: Tensor Euler angles

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on January 23, 2012 - 18:21:
Hi Vitaly,

Do you mean that if you start with two different starting points, you
end up with two different tensors?  For the different rounds of
iterations do you mean from the dauvergne_protocol.py script?  Are the
chi-squared values the same in both?  There might also have been a fix
for the diffusion tensor representation in more recent relax versions.
 Are you using the newest 1.3.13 version?  Running 'relax -i' will
give all the version info.  There are symmetries in the diffusion
tensor space, so two {theta, phi} pairs with different values can
represent exactly the same tensor.  Though the different tensors are
very strange, especially considering that the tm and Dratio values are
essentially identical!  Are you using Modelfree4 as a back end
optimisation engine?