mailRe: relax2.7.log

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on April 18, 2012 - 13:40:
Hi,

Thanks for the info.  I have created a special 'task' for MS Windows
support at https://gna.org/task/index.php?7584 where you can attach
log files, screenshots, etc. to.  It would be best to attach the files
there rather than have them as attachments to emails, and then you
could in the message link to the relevant comment in the task with
something like https://gna.org/task/?7581#comment1, or directly to the
files attached there.  The messages are archived all over the internet
(e.g. https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-users/,
http://www.mail-archive.com/relax-users@xxxxxxx/,
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.science.nmr.relax.user), and the size is
amplified as it is sent out to everyone subscribed to the mailing
list, adding strain to the infrastructure.  Anonymous comments are
allowed, so you do not need a Gna! account to do this.  The
information you just sent is helpful, and I have been slowly chipping
away at what this problem is.

But for the Python.h error, you really need to include all of the
print out, not just the single line with the error.  This is an
indication that the Python development files are not being added to
the compilation include path (via the -I flag), but without the lines
above, I unfortunately cannot see that.  As a general point, including
the full print out when reporting an error is very useful.  From your
logs, the file on your system should be located at "C:\Program
Files\Python26\include\Python.h", therefore the compilation must have
-IC:\Program Files\Python26\include or similar in there.  There is
information on how to configure your MS compiler's include searches at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/73f9s62w.aspx.  Or from
http://forums.devshed.com/c-programming-42/c--possible-to-set-an-include-path-40153.html,
the text:

-----
For Visual C++:
Go to Tools-->Options. In the dialog box, click on the Directories
tab. There's a list box that shows the current list of search
directories. It's not very obvious here, but if you double click on
the dotted box below the last directory, it lets you add directories.
(WARNING: This will be permanently set for all projects hereafter).
-----

Once the compiler is properly set up, you should hopefully have no
problems compiling the C modules.