mailRe: relaxGUI, local_tm / sphere and the need for a structure model

Posted by Martin Ballaschk on July 25, 2012 - 14:28:

Hi Edward,

thank you for your quick response. Thanks also for your help.

There's still a problem when trying to setup the dipole pair, maybe I messed
something up:

dipole_pair.set_dist(spin_id1='@N', spin_id2='@H', ave_dist=1.02e-10)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gui/interpreter.pyc", line 299, in run
  File "generic_fns/dipole_pair.pyc", line 237, in set_dist
  File "generic_fns/interatomic.pyc", line 234, in interatomic_loop
KeyError: '#1shg-H_mol1:7@N'

I don't really know what that means.

Here's what I set up:

1. Read @N spins from a relaxation output file, via the spin editor, works
nicely:

relax> sequence.read(file='rx_t1.out', dir=None, spin_id_col=None,
mol_name_col=None, res_num_col=2, res_name_col=3, spin_num_col=None,
spin_name_col=5, sep=None, spin_id=None)
Opening the file 'rx_t1.out' for reading.
# mol_name    res_num    res_name    spin_num    spin_name
None          6          LYS         None        N
.
.
.

2. Attach protons:

relax> sequence.attach_protons()

3. Set isotope and element types:

relax> spin.isotope(isotope='15N', spin_id='@N', force=True)

relax> spin.isotope(isotope='1H', spin_id='@H', force=True)

relax> spin.element(element='N', spin_id=':*@N', force=True)

4. Define NH pairs:

relax> dipole_pair.define(spin_id1='@N', spin_id2='@H', direct_bond=True)
Magnetic dipole-dipole interactions are now defined for the following spins:

# Spin_ID_1    Spin_ID_2
':6@N'         ':6@H'
':7@N'         ':7@H'
.
.
.

5. set the distance between N and H in the NH:

relax> dipole_pair.set_dist(spin_id1='@N', spin_id2='@H', ave_dist=1.02e-10)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gui/interpreter.pyc", line 299, in run
  File "generic_fns/dipole_pair.pyc", line 237, in set_dist
  File "generic_fns/interatomic.pyc", line 234, in interatomic_loop
KeyError: '#1shg-H_mol1:7@N'

So I don't know where this comes from. The NH pairs are set up, and
dipole_pair.set_dist takes just the three parameters. Oddly, relax does not
complain about the first residue (6), but the second in the sequence (7).
From how it shows up in the spin editor, there is actually no difference
between the two.

The relax state can be found here, if you want to have a look:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/heukkeycpwzsvmb/state2.bz2

I'd appreciate your support :)

Regards
Martin