mailRe: relax GUI problem

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on July 30, 2012 - 11:31:
Hi Venkat,

I've been doing a number of tests, but unfortunately I cannot
reproduce this problem at all.  I can ssh into a machine 500 km away
and run the relax GUI on my laptop without problem.  I can also ssh
between a number of different machines and run the GUI.  Could you
test if the GUI will run directly on the machine that has relax
installed?  Have you talked to your system administrator about this?
I can help you with this problem, but the issue is most likely not
with relax but in the operating system set up.  As a last resort, you
may need to get your system administrator to set up a VNC server on
the remote machine - this is also much faster than running a pure X
application across a network.