mailRe: [bug #20173] bugs in Relax

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on September 18, 2012 - 10:32:
Hi,

Sorry, I didn't see you posted this message before I responded to your
bug report.  Please see my message at:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.nmr.relax.user/1297

On 17 September 2012 18:39,  <mengjun.xue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Dr. Edward d'Auvergne,

Thank you very much for answers. I have read the manual of relax and checked
the mf_multimodel.py.

I have changed the mf_multimodel.py into a new version according to my data,
and have tried to run it in scripts mode in Relax.

I started relax script mode by clicking the relax.py, and type
mf_multimodel, but Relax did not perform calculations, and a error window
came up:

mf_multimodel.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'mf_multimodel' is not defined

Attached please find the new mf_multimodel.py

I do not know how to start the calcultioin by mf_multimodel so that the part
of model free analysis can be performed. Perhaps something is wrong in the
new mf_multimodel.py.

Also I I have submitted it as a bug report.

Thank you very much.

With best regards,

Mengjun Xue

Quoting Edward d'Auvergne <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Mengjun,

For your bug report at https://gna.org/bugs/?20173, I have changed the
title.  It would be better if you chose a title which allows other
users looking at https://gna.org/bugs/index.php to instantly
understand what and where the bug is.  In this case, the bug is simply
because the diffusion tensor has not been set up.  I would suggest
looking at the sample script
sample_scripts/model_free/mf_multimodel.py to see how to perform part
of a model-free analysis in the GUI without using the auto-analyses
(note this is only a tiny part, please read the model-free chapter of
the user manual for the explanation why this is only 1/3 of one
iteration of up to 20 iterations).

I have eliminated the bug by having relax throw a RelaxError saying
that the diffusion tensor is not set up yet.