mailRe: Errors of the 'final' Mode of Model Free Analysis

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on August 29, 2013 - 10:26:
Hi Jing,

I have now created a bug report for the problem
(https://gna.org/bugs/?21079).  This is a real bug in relax, but I
cannot fix it due to not being able to replicate the problem and not
having enough information to determine where the problem could be.
The "local tm" global diffusion model is a perfectly valid model.  It
is useful for IDPs, multi-domain systems, flexible systems, or
anything that does not diffuse as a spherical, spheroidal, or
ellipsoidal rigid geometric object.  The selection of this model
indicates that these basic rigid geometric descriptions of diffusion
are not suitable for your system.  The protocol should then continue
to completion and not show this RelaxError!

Alternatively the selection of the "local tm" global diffusion model
can indicate that your data is not consistent.  Have you tried
Sebastien Morin's consistency testing analysis in relax?  See
http://www.nmr-relax.com/refs.html#Morin09 for details.  Have you
collected your data with proper temperature calibration and control?
I.e. you need to calibrate each experiment on each spectrometer with
MeOH or ethylene glycol.  And you need a temperature compensation
block at the start of your pulse sequence and/or single scan
interleaving.  See
http://www.nmr-relax.com/manual/Temperature_control_calibration.html,
http://www.nmr-relax.com/manual/relax_data_temp_calibration.html, and
http://www.nmr-relax.com/manual/relax_data_temp_control.html.

I hope this information helps.  I will try again to replicate the bug
you see, but I have already failed multiple times.  relax results
files attached to that bug report would make things much easier for
me.