mailRe: Installation of relax under Mac OS

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on February 19, 2014 - 16:41:
Hi Mengjun,

The way that Mac OS X constructs an 'App' is quite complex and
convoluted.  A result of this is that the scripts in the relax
directories, including 'relax_gui_mode.py' will never be able to run.
This is part of the 'App' design - maybe it is a security feature, I'm
not sure.  Anyway, if you click on the relax icon in the 'App', relax
will launch into the GUI mode.  There is no way to run the App on the
command line.  You can however use the source release, install the
dependencies which is rather easy on a Mac, and then have access to
all the scripts and prompt/script user interface (UI) if you so wish.