mailRelaxation dispersion clustering calculation time

Posted by Chung-ke Chang on September 09, 2014 - 09:19:
Dear all,

This is my first post here, and I have a question regarding the time it takes
for a relaxation dispersion clustering process to finish. I have one
clustering calculation that has been running for ~ 20,000 min on a single
Xeon 2.66 GHz core. The cluster consists of 13 residues being fit to the
‘CR72 full’ model. I wonder if the long time it is taking is normal? Would it
be possible that relax has been stuck in an infinite loop of some sort,
without showing up in the log file? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
By the way, using a cluster of only 11 residues out of the 13 did finish in
~13,000 min.

Chung-ke Chang
Biomacromolecular NMR Lab
Institute of Biomedical Science