mailRe: Regarding Relax-3.3.0 NMR installation

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on September 15, 2014 - 12:37:
Dear Arun,

Welcome to the relax mailing lists.  The unzipping to the "C:\program
files" problem you see is not relax specific.  This can sometimes
happen due to Windows security settings.  A quick internet search will
show innumerable instances of Windows users with the same issue.

As for the GUI, how to you run it?  Do you run relax using:

$ relax --gui

It could be that wxPython is not set up correctly.  Could you run the command:

$ relax -i --tee relax_info.log

This will output a lot of information about your setup and might
indicate what the problem is.  It will also create the relax_info.log
file which is easier for Windows uses to copy the text from.  Could
you copy and paste the contents of that into an email?  Please do not
attach a file to the mailing list message - this will be automatically
stripped out of the message so it will not be seen.  A good test that
wxPython is working is to also download the demo files
(http://www.wxpython.org/download.php#msw).  These must be of the same
version as your wxPython installation.  If you cannot run the demo,
then the problem is with wxPython and not relax.  I hope this helps.

P. S.  Sorry for the late reply.  My email system thought your email
was spam, so I didn't see it until today.