mailThe NaN and Inf catching functions 'isnan()' and 'isinf()'.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on September 03, 2006 - 10:55:
Hi,

I have merged the 'nan_catch_test' branch back into the 1.2 line.  The
commit message of the merge is located at
https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-commits/2006-09/msg00008.html
https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-devel/2006-08/msg00029.html (Message-id:
<7f080ed10608082240r114cf35an60af62836fcc81bf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>).

I have added two functions called 'isnan()' and 'isinf()' within the
file 'float.py' in the base directory.  These, however, are currently
dummy functions and the minimisation code in
'specific_fns/model_free.py' which calls them has been commented out.
We still need to implement the bit pattern matching (including the
handling of 32 bit vs. 64 bit, big-endian vs. little-endian, etc).
Another good link is
http://babbage.cs.qc.edu/courses/cs341/IEEE-754references.html.  Work
can continue on these functions without disrupting normal development.
I have also created task #3621for this job which is located at
https://gna.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3621.

Oh, according to PEP 754 (http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0754/)
the 'fpconst' is trying to get into the Python standard library.  It
should hopefully be included in the new 2.5 version of Python
(http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5/).  They've just released
rc1 of that code.