mailRelaxError and RelaxWarning comments and the duplicated format function.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on September 13, 2006 - 13:43:
Chris,

I've added the comments to the RelaxWarnings as well as to a few
additional RelaxError classes.  The RelaxWarning comments were
discussed in the parent post
(https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-devel/2006-08/msg00082.html,
links to the relax related web pages are to help with the indexing by
Google and other search engines.  It appears to be working nicely.
The message-ids have been added to enable the post to be precisely
identified in archived email messages.

The code in the 'warning' branch is very close to being in a state to
merge.  But before that happens I have a question about the format
function.  In the current code the function is duplicated, once
defined as a method of the 'error.py' module, the other as a function
of the RelaxWarning system class 'RelaxWarnings'.  From my reading of
the code, I can only see a need for the function within the
RelaxWarnings class.  This is the function which is called by the line
'warnings.formatwarning = self.format'.  Is there a reason for the
second copy?