mailPorting float.py to the 1.3 line.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on October 17, 2006 - 07:48:
Gary,

Would you like to have a go porting your revisions to the 'float.py'
file and the subsequent changes to the rest of relax from the 1.2 line
into the 1.3 line?  All you have to do is have a checked out copy of
the 1.3 line, use two 'svn merge' commands, then check in the changes.
There will be no conflicts to sort out.

The two merge commands are necessary because the revisions with your
changes (r2634 and r2636) are not continuous.  I have already merged
r2635 into the 1.3 line (see
https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-commits/2006-10/msg00083.html,
could however be ported and committed separately.

An example commit log in which two non-continuous revisions have been
merged into the 1.3 line, which includes the merge commands, is
located at https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-commits/2006-10/msg00086.html
include a similar message in the commit log.  Including the 'svn
merge' commands is essential.  As I'm currently the maintainer for
both the 1.2 and 1.3 lines, begin able to search for this text in the
SVN logs and then seeing which revisions have already been merged is
essential to being able to port changes from one line to the other.
It is a way of accounting what is in one line and not the other.

Thanks,