mailRe: apply

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on October 17, 2006 - 07:53:
On 10/16/06, Edward d'Auvergne <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/16/06, Chris MacRaild <c.a.macraild@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Edward, at some point you mentioned the idea of high-level testing based
> on the extensive back-calculated data you have. How much work would be
> involved in getting that going?

This may take a few days (assuming I can find a bit of spare time).
It took a while to find, but I think the reference you are talking
about is https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-devel/2006-08/msg00028.html
where I talked about Schurr's synthetic relaxation data which I have
reproduced.  However I do have better synthetic data for these tests.
The data in the directory
'test_suite/data/model_free/S2_0.970_te_2048_Rex_0.149' is one such
test set.  I have a few more as well which can be added to the test
suite.

I have added a number of model-free optimisation tests to the test suite. These tests are far from being comprehensive but should be sufficient for testing the replacement of the 'apply()' function. I have made the changes to the 1.2 line and ported the tests to the 1.3 line as well.