mailRe: Representing the Brownian rotational diffusion tensor in Molmol, etc.

Posted by Douglas Kojetin on October 27, 2006 - 17:19:
Hi Edward-

I am able to feed commands into PyMOL from Tcl/Tk scripts through the use of UNIX pipes. From within the Tcl/Tk script, a pipe is opened to PyMOL, and the script sends commands to PyMOL. I can tell PyMOL to open a PDB file, display it in a certain way (cartoon, ribbon), highlight certain atoms or residues (by sticks, spheres, etc.), color them, etc. I've never tried writing images, but I don't think it would be too difficult. Is this the type of functionality you are looking to incorporate into relax?

Doug