mailRe: error in modsel.py

Posted by Hongyan Li on December 21, 2006 - 10:45:
Thanks Edward for your information. I am only familar with modelfree and just
started to use relax since when I run modelfree using axially symetric models
and got some problems.
I only have data in 600 MHz and should only fit m0, m1-m5 and m9 in this
case. I
have tried to run modsel.py using these models, still error occurred as I
posted previsouly. Not sure how to fix the problem.

Best wishes,

Hongyan

Quoting Edward d'Auvergne <edward.dauvergne@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Hongyan,

Chris MacRaild has replicated your problem and has created a bug
report for you at https://gna.org/bugs/?8059.  I hope you don't mind
-- I have added your email address to the CC list for bug #8056 so
that you are kept informed on how the bug is progressing.

The use of models m1 to m5 is for when you have collected the R1, R2,
and NOE at a single field strength, i.e. you have 3 data points per
spin system.  Models m1 to m5 have a maximum of 3 parameters hence can
be optimised and the resultant parameter values are statistically
meaningful.  The other models, m6 to m8, have been extensively used in
the literature when relaxation data at two or more field strengths
have been collected.  For example see:

    Korzhnev et al., Prog. NMR Spectorsc., 2001, 38(3), 197-266.
    Fushman et al., JMB, 1997, 266(1), 173-194.
    Orekhov et al., JBNMR, 1999, 14(4), 345-356.
    Zhuravleva et al., JMB, 2004, 342(5), 1599-1611.

Model m6 is specifically the full Clore et al., JACS, 1990, 112(12),
4989-4991 equation using all the extended model-free equation
parameters (S2f, tf, S2s, and ts).  Model m7 and m8 are simply models
m5 and m6 with the Rex parameter added.  The last two models m0 and m9
are where there are no statistically significant internal motions on
the picosecond to nanosecond timescales (well, according to the
relaxation data).