mailRe: r3080 - /1.3/test_suite/unit_tests/unit_test_runner.py

Posted by Gary S. Thompson on March 08, 2007 - 10:59:
Edward d'Auvergne wrote:

On 3/8/07, Gary S. Thompson <garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Edward d'Auvergne wrote:

> On 3/6/07, Gary S. Thompson <garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Edward d'Auvergne wrote:
>>
>> > The function arguments are definitely clearly described.
>>

>> oh good!
>>
>> > Do you think
>> > that the arguments of the command line usage of 'unit_test_runner.py'
>> > should be sent in as the argument 'test_module' or the argument
>> > 'root_path'? Is 'test_module' supposed to be a file name or module
>> > name (eg. 'data/test_diff_tensor.py' vs 'data.test_diff_tensor')?
>>

>> oh bad! obviously not quite well enough defined... a module name
>

> My confusion lies in the fact that I was expecting that I could supply
> a file name (i.e. having access to the all important shell tab
> completion abilities) but the documentation says module names - which
> don't have the tab completion ability. For the class this doesn't
> matter but for the stand alone operation of 'unit_test_runner.py',
> typing the module names in full rather than tab completing to the file
> name could be a source of severe wrist pain :(

fixed ;-) both now work...

It's looking good!  What do you think of the idea of defaulting to the
running of all unit tests if nothing is supplied to
unit_test_runner.py?

Thanks,

Edward

Done that one this morning ;-) and fixed the relax command line as well ;-)

regards
gary

.

Dr Gary Thompson
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology,
University of Leeds, Astbury Building,
Leeds, LS2 9JT, West-Yorkshire, UK             Tel. +44-113-3433024
email: garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   Fax  +44-113-2331407