mailRe: Unit tests for methods/objects in __init__.py

Posted by Gary S. Thompson on March 13, 2007 - 10:51:
Edward d'Auvergne wrote:

Gary,

I've written some unit tests which are located in the file
'test_suite/unit_tests/data/__init__.py'.  Would you know what
modifications I need to apply to make these tests run?

Hi Ed

None ;-) I just tested them they are fine

e.g. in test_suite './unit_tests/unit_test_runner.py ./unit_tests/data' runs 6 tests

The latest version of unit_test_runner I have uploaded should be able to run tests from anywhere in the relax hierachy

e.g. in the relax main directory ./test_suite/unit_tests/unit_test_runner.py .test_suite/unit_tests/data also works

These tests
are for the methods of the Data singleton class (the relax data
storage object) which is located in 'data/__init__.py'.  I haven't
used the statement 'from x import Data' for this class so it is the
legal and ubiquitous usage of an __init__.py file.  Would
'unit_test_runner.py' handle this code?

Thanks,

Edward

P.S. These tests demonstrate the utility of subclassing the singleton and is one reason I was arguing for the use of the class import rather than reference import.

Yep , haven't had a chance to have a look at this yet but will do

regards
gary