mailRe: r3173 - /1.3/test_suite/unit_tests/unit_test_runner.py

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on March 13, 2007 - 11:02:
Hi,

The unit test framework is shaping up nicely!  I now understand what
you meant about the renaming, with the 'module' to 'package' changes
for the unit test directories.  I have a few minor points about this
commit.  In the docstring where you have the text "@return: a file
system path for the current operating system", what exactly is 'a file
system path'?  I'm also confused by the docstring with the text
"@param pattern_list: a lsit of regular expression patterns which
identifie a file as on containing a unit test TestCase" near line 294.
If I would like to use this function how should I construct the list
(I'm making the assumption I have only read the API docs)?  I.e. is
there a set of pre-defined elements?  Or am I free to supply the
following:

   pattern_list=['generic_fns/test*.py', 'data/test*.py', 'data/__init__.py']

For the text "@rtype: a hierachy of pyunit testSuites and testCases",
is the hierachy a string or some other object?

A few portability issues include that the module variables
'system_path_pattern', 'unit_test_path_pattern', and
'test_case_patterns' need to be made OS independent (the last could
use CURRENT_DIRECTORY rather than a dot).  And is CURRENT_DIRECTORY
always '.' on all OSs Python supports?  If you like Gary, I can make
the necessary changes tomorrow.