mailRe: r3241 - in /branches/multi_processor: maths_fns/mf.py multi/mpi4py_processor.py

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on March 29, 2007 - 17:47:
To revert a revision for a single file using svn, you need that file
name as the working copy path.  So in this situation I reverted the
change with the command:

svn merge -r 3241:3240
svn+ssh://bugman@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/relax/branches/multi_processor/maths_fns/mf.py
maths_fns/mf.py

On 3/29/07, Gary S. Thompson <garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Edward d'Auvergne wrote:
> On 3/28/07, Gary S. Thompson <garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Edward d'Auvergne wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Gary, why have you changed the 'maths_fns/mf.py' file?
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> >
>> > Edward
>> >

>> Hi ed this is a local fix for my own sanity that I checked in by
>> mistake. I am still working out how to revert it ;-) i guess I will have
>> to check out an older revision of the file over it and recommit it?
>
> With Subversion you can simply revert that revision for a single file.

Hi Ed
    I have also now tried to undo this with a merge as well but get the
wonderful error 'error svn: Cannot replace a directory from within':

svn merge -r 3241:3240 --dry-run
svn+ssh://varioustoxins@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/relax/branches/multi_processor/maths_fns/mf.py
branch_multi1
error svn: Cannot replace a directory from within

svn merge --dry-run
svn+ssh://varioustoxins@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/relax/branches/multi_processor/maths_fns/mf.py@3240
svn+ssh://varioustoxins@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/relax/branches/multi_processor/maths_fns/mf.py@3241
branch_multi1/
error svn: Cannot replace a directory from within

any further thoughts?

regards
gary
Dr Gary Thompson
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology,
University of Leeds, Astbury Building,
Leeds, LS2 9JT, West-Yorkshire, UK             Tel. +44-113-3433024
email: garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   Fax  +44-113-2331407