mailhow to parallelise monte carlo and grid searches

Posted by Gary S. Thompson on March 30, 2007 - 10:39:
Do you have any thoughts on the question of how to parallelise grid searches and monte
carlo runs and where to dig into the code base?

regards gary

note I have already realise one wrinkle about paralleliseing the montecarlo runs. We need to have consistent (!) use of random numbers on the various processors. Therefore am going to create a command in processor that will create and resturn a block of random numbers (I guess we also need to think about what distributions we need as well)

regards
gary

Dr Gary Thompson
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology,
University of Leeds, Astbury Building,
Leeds, LS2 9JT, West-Yorkshire, UK             Tel. +44-113-3433024
email: garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   Fax  +44-113-2331407