mailRe: r3243 - in /branches/multi_processor: ./ multi/ prompt/ specific_fns/

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on March 30, 2007 - 09:26:
Hi,

relax now operates fine on my machine.

On 3/30/07, Gary S. Thompson <garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Edward d'Auvergne wrote:

> There were two problems I encountered.  The first was the import error
> when mpi4py is not installed.

there should be no need for this mpi4py should only be loaded when you
request mpi4py on the command line, the module is loaded on demand. This
is why modules processor and command have bee created to remove the
dependencies present in the alpha version of the code between the
generic multiprocessor objects and mpi4py_processor

> This could possibly be handled by
> setting a flag in the importing module, printing a RelaxWarning
> message, and the defaulting to the uniprocessor code.  The second
> problem is that when mpi4py is installed but 'mpirun-lam' is not
> running, I get the message:
>
> [edward@p2800 multi_processor]$ ./relax

> It seems that there is no lamd running on the host p2800.
>
> This indicates that the LAM/MPI runtime environment is not operating.
> The LAM/MPI runtime environment is necessary for MPI programs to run
> (the MPI program tired to invoke the "MPI_Init" function).
>
> Please run the "lamboot" command the start the LAM/MPI runtime
> environment.  See the LAM/MPI documentation for how to invoke
> "lamboot" across multiple machines.

> [edward@p2800 multi_processor]$
>
> This should only happen if the user asks to run in MPI mode, normal
> relax operation should remain as is.

indeed everything should remian the same for the uni processor mode
using either

relax
or
relax --multi uni (which is equivalent to the above)

I have now done some updates to give r3249 which should cure these
problems (and does on all the computers I have) could you give the
latest revision a try

I have done a check for MPI and mpi4py in all the files in the branch
and only mpi4py contains  these strings now so unless something very
weird it should all be fixed

regards
gary