mailRe: Integration of the consistency_tests branch (and becoming a relax committer).

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on December 17, 2007 - 20:01:
On Dec 17, 2007 7:52 PM, Sebastien Morin <sebastien.morin.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hi Ed,

 You were right, I needed a checked out copy with commit access. So, the
merging of the changes from the 1.2 main line to my branch is now done.

I saw that you made the commit a few minutes ago and that everything
was ok.  You will need to delete and re-checkout all your SVN copies.

 However, I'm stuck at committing this version (my branch merged with the
1.2 main line, on my laptop) back to the repository 1.2 main line.

 The command I use (from this new version directory) is :

 svn ci -F ../LOG_FILE svn+ssh://semor@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/relax/1.2

You will need to merge the branch back into 1.2 first.  You first
merged all of the 1.2 changes into the branch so that it was in sync.
Now you must merge back.

 However, I get the following error message :

 svn: 'svn+ssh://semor@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/relax' is not a working copy
 svn: Can't open file 'svn+ssh://semor@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/relax/.svn/entries':
No such file or directory

 Should I proceed differently ? Should I use the 'svn merge' command by
typing (from my checked out copy of the 1.2 main line) something like :

 svn merge -r3320:4199
svn+ssh://semor@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/relax/branches/consistency_tests_1.2

This is correct if r3320 is the first revision of the branch and 4198
is the last.  Note that the last number must be one greater than the
current revision, so you need 4200.

 and then :

 svn ci -F ../LOG_FILE

That is correct.