mail[sr #2402] high SSE values with Model Free runs

Posted by anonymous on August 04, 2009 - 16:47:

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: mikaela.stewart@xxxxxxxxx
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

I am using relax to run Palmer's model free.  The program converges after a
normal number of rounds (9-15) and gives me S2, te, Rex etc that agree with
the literature for the proteins I'm working with.  However, the SSE values
seem abnormally high.  There are a few low values (<2) but a majority are
greater than 20 with some as high as 300.  Have I made a mistake in running
the program or am I misinterpreting the values?  I've tried using reported
data from the literature and I have the same problem that I get when running
my data for my protein of interest.  Thank you for your help.

  <http://gna.org/support/?2402>