mailRe: [sr #2402] high SSE values with Model Free runs

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on August 06, 2009 - 18:15:
Hi,

A simple test for this would be to use the relax optimisation (minfx,
https://gna.org/projects/minfx/) rather than Art Palmer's Modelfree4
as an optimisation engine, and then see if you get the same result.
Note that the SSE values are dependent on two things - the more data
the higher the value; and the smaller the relaxation data errors, the
larger the SSE.  The high SSE values would only be a relax bug if
relax is feeding the wrong data and errors to Modelfree4, otherwise
the bug will be in Modelfree4 itself.  The absolute value of the
number doesn't really say much, but I would recommend using the Newton
optimisation algorithm in relax through the 'full_analysis.py' script
and then you can compare the result (to understand my bias, please see
my papers or my PhD thesis at http://www.nmr-relax.com/refs.html ;).
I hope this helps.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 4:47 PM,