mailRe: [task #6847] The Bieri graphical user interface.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on November 18, 2009 - 10:55:
Hi,

I received the same wx import error.  Michael, is this wx module
necessary?  In the original Gnome-terminal dependent version of
relaxGUI (now attached to task #6847,
https://gna.org/task/index.php?6847), wx was not needed.  Which parts
of the GUI need this?  Michael, I would suggest attacking the problem
of integrating relaxGUI into the core of relax by looking at the
'relax' file in the base directory and adding the command line
options.  Then once the Bieri GUI mode is selected, throw a RelaxError
if wx is not installed (well, only if this is absolutely required) so
that the error is clean and lets the user know that they need to
install the Python wx module.  Then the GUI can be launched in a
similar manner as the prompt and script interfaces.  Most of this can
be achieved by code duplication and slight modification.  To generate
patches for me to apply to the branch, just type:

$ svn diff > patch

and then send the patch to the relax-devel mailing list.