mailRe: [task #6847] The Bieri graphical user interface.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on January 27, 2010 - 11:48:
Hi,

This looks quite promising!  I would propose a few cosmetic changes to
polish the window and integration into the current GUI looks.

1)  The background colour would be better to be the same as that in
the GUI, which is currently grey.  Light coloured buttons on black is
not very relaxing ;)

2)  The buttons can fill the whole screen!  This will make the images
easier to see.  I would put the text inside the button as well, and
under the image as you would a figure legend.

3)  'NOE curvefit' should be renamed to 'NOE calculation'.

4)  Is the custom mode icon from oxygen?  If not, who owns the
copyright?  The oxygen icons I have are probably not the full set.
For relax, we can use any images for which we have a GPL compatible
licence to the copyrighted work.

5)  The text 'Welcome to relaxGUI' may be better left for the intro
screen.  The reason is because this window can be reused many times,
each time the user clicks on 'File -> New analysis'.  The title 'NMR
relaxation' is probably not necessary.  And maybe have the full
sentence 'Please choose the analysis to be performed:'?

I like the direction this is going, and this should make the GUI very
powerful!