mailRe: Bruker Protein Dynamic Center Import

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on October 05, 2010 - 18:56:
Hi,

I would suggest first creating a task for this, and attaching an
example file to import.  The implementation steps would then be as
follows:

1)  Create a branch from the 1.3 line for the implementation.

2)  Add the file (truncated) to the relax test suite data store.

3)  Write a system test for reading this file.  This would be
essentially a script that is run, and the contents of the relax data
store can then be checked.

4)  Implement the user function prompt interface (easy part).

5)  Implement the back end in generic_fns.spectra.  This will be
complete once the system test passes.

6)  Implementation of the GUI front end.

The hard part would be 5), as this does all the work.  It needs to
integrate with and sit along side the other readers behind
spectrum.read_intensities(), using the autodetect_format() function,
and be implemented in the function intensity_bruker().  I have already
written all the infrastructure for supporting this, so it shouldn't be
a too difficult task.  The prompt/script user function and GUI setup
would be a very transparent interface to the underlying generic_fns
library.  The system test will ensure that this works until eternity
:)