mailRe: Start script for relax-disp branch

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on May 07, 2013 - 09:40:
Hi Troels,

The development of the branch is rather random, as I'm doing it for my
own analyses.  As I'm looking at R1rho data for now, I will not push
the CPMG side too far.  So maybe that is a good place to start looking
at.  There is already a script within relax for performing a basic
analysis which you can execute with the command:

$ ./relax test_suite/shared_data/dispersion/Hansen/relax_disp.py

You must be in the base relax directory for this.  This script will be
extended as new models are added to relax.  This script is not part of
the relax test suite as it is a full analysis which requires a lot of
time to complete.  However subsets of it, for example for one or two
spin systems, will be incorporated into permanent tests in the test
suite.  The CPMG data that this script operates on is from Dr.
Flemming Hansen from his time with the Kay group:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.nmr.relax.devel/1791

I will send a second message with hints as to where you can look into
the code base and how relax is now arranged.  A useful reference for
development is normally the relax API documentation
(http://www.nmr-relax.com/api/), but this is only for released relax
versions so it does not cover huge package rearrangements, naming
simplifications, and code changes in the current relax main line, and
hence relax_disp branch.  For relax developers or advanced users, the
change from the old layout to the new is described in the
docs/package_layout file.