mailRe: [sr #3043] Support for NMRPipe seriesTab format *.ser

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on August 02, 2013 - 13:51:
Hi,

I've applied the 0001 and 0002 patches.  I will also now apply the
0003 patch, but note that there is a potential issue here.  The
problem resolves itself because of code lower down, but it might
appear in the future if the code changes.  It is the new lines:

+    # Create the whole data_all list, where entries will be replaced later.
+    data_all = [data]*len(file_data)
+

The problem is that each element of data_all is the same thing - they
are all pointers to the same structure.  So if you set data_all[9][0]
= 'x', then data_all[0][0] will also change to 'x' (as well as all
data_all[i][0]).  If you combine the two lines:

+    # Create an empty data list.
+    # Format: H_name, X_name, spin_id, intensity, line.
+    data = [None, None, None, intensity_list, None]
+
+    # Create the whole data_all list, where entries will be replaced later.
+    data_all = [data]*len(file_data)
+

into one, then it should be fine.  Another option is to use the
copy.deepcopy Python module function to make sure that data is
different for each element, though it's not as nice a solution.  Just
wait until after I update the subversion repository with all your
patches.

On 2 August 2013 13:37, Troels E. Linnet