mailRe: [bug #21076] When loading a multi-spectra NMRPipe seriesTab file through the GUI, several Error messages occur.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on August 28, 2013 - 10:25:
It should be possible to do this, but note that the 'time' name error
has absolutely nothing to do with this.  There are three separate bugs
here:

- RelaxError: The Value element is read only, cannot set the value 'auto'.
- NameError: global name 'time' is not defined.
- Setting the relaxation time period for an experiment if the spectra
should be presented.

The first two can be part of the current bug #21076
(http://gna.org/bugs/?21076).  The last should be its own bug report.
For testing this, the
test_suite/shared_data/dispersion/Hansen/relax_results/final_state.bz2
file can be opened in the GUI, the pipe editor window opened (via the
View menu for example), the base pipe right clicked on, and then the
'Associate with a new auto-analysis' entry clicked on.  Right clicking
on any of the spectra list entries shows that the
relax_disp.relax_time user function is not present in the pop-up menu.
 When creating a new report, please add a link to this message in the
Gmane thread (go to
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.science.nmr.relax.devel/4417, click on
the correct message, then click on <<< [thread] >>> down the bottom to
go to the correct link).

For me, the fixes are trivial.  This is because I know the code in
question very well.  But I would like to give you the opportunity to
solve these problems as it will be a great teaching experience.  You
will become much more familiar with the code layout of relax and
afterwards you will be in a much better position for being a relax
developer, as you will be better able to solve problems in your own
code.  You will also be in a better position to solve problems in the
GUI or other UIs as your students encounter them - as students always
do things in ways you do not expect and find things you would never
encounter yourself - and then you could make fixes on the spot for
them and then push the fixes upstream.