mailRe: Merger of the relax_disp branch back to the relax trunk.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on October 18, 2013 - 10:00:
Hi,

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten about that.  You can now set yourself up for
full commit access to the relax source code repository - you have been
officially accepted as a full relax developer
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.science.nmr.relax.devel/3861/focus=4675).
 This should make development incredibly quick and easy for you.
Remember to use git-svn (or pure svn) to be able to push directly back
to the repository with full commit access.  Just be careful not to add
large files to the repository.  Fixing this R1 problem should not be
too difficult, once you have data and a system test set up.  The
infrastructure should all be in place for this support.

Note that as I will be submitting a publication on the relaxation
dispersion analysis in relax soon, I will have to merge the branch
back and release relax 3.1.0.  Some of the reviewers may want to look
at the program with relaxation dispersion support.  Therefore I cannot
hold off making this release for too long.  We can create dedicated
branches after this for new code developments (matplotlib,
interpolated back-calculated curves, etc.).  It is not as easy as git
to branch, but it is still very easy.

I also plan on adding one more feature to the auto-analysis before
making this release.  That is to have an option for pure numeric
solutions, pure analytic solutions, or mixed solutions.  If the pure
numeric solution is activated, then the analytic models can be
optimised as they are very useful for replacing the grid search for
the numeric models.  But the final model selection will use the 'No
Rex' and numeric solutions exclusively, and the optimised analytic
models will not be considered.  Such an option might be important for
those people who are allergic to the analytic models ;)