mailRe: Help with settings script for R1rho analysis.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on October 22, 2013 - 11:38:
Hi,

In the relax prompt, have a look at:

relax> help(relax_disp.spin_lock_offset)

The unit you need is ppm.  You can find this number directly from the
Bruker acqus or Varian procpar files.  It is the ppm offset of the
spin-lock pulse which is manually set by the person recording for each
spectrum.  You may need to go to the original pulse sequence to know
which pulse this is.  It will be a fixed value for each spectrum
collected and you can use that value directly.  The calculations in
your scripts seem far to complicated and it looks like the internal
conversions performed within relax.  You should never need
gyromagnetic ratios, factors of pi, etc.  If you do, you should
probably go back to the original experiments and pull out the correct
offset number in ppm for each spectrum.  I hope this helps.